Providing information to Us is Your choice. You understand that any data, information, content or information that You post, submit or upload to the Website shall be visible to other Users of the Website and will be stored on AB ’s servers for the purposes of making the Website available to You. We advise You to be selective about what information You post. Please do not post, submit or upload to the Website any data, information, content or information which would include any Personal Information (as defined later) and/or Sensitive Personal Data or Information (as defined later), that You do not wish to be made available to AB or to the public at large.
The terms "Personal Information" and "Sensitive Personal Data or Information" shall have the meaning ascribed to it under the Act and/or The Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 and/or any other rules under the Act including such interpretation of “Personal Information” and “Sensitive Personal Data or Information” as may be interpreted as per the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK Data Protection Act, 2018.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA OR INFORMATION
AB WILL NEVER ASK YOU AND YOU MUST NEVER PROVIDE ANY SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA OR INFORMATION TO AB OR TO ANY PERSON/ENTITY REPRESENTING AB. ANY DISCLOSURE OF SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA OR INFORMATION SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND WITHOUT ANY LIABILITY TO AB (INCLUDING ITS AFFILIATES, ASSOCIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND GROUP COMPANIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, KEY MANAGERIAL PERSONNEL, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS AND REPRESENTATIVES).
YOU MUST NOT DISCLOSE YOUR:
- financial information such as bank account details, credit card details, debit card details, secure pin number, passwords, etc.;
- physical, physiological and/or mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- biometric information;
- national identification numbers; and
- such other sensitive personal data or information
Please note that identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to Applause. We do not and shall not, at any time, request Your credit card pin/debit card pin and/or passwords.
The primary purpose of collection of personal information set out in Clause 2.1 (a) hereinbelow and other information set out in Clause 2.1 (b) to (h) herein below, is to allow You to access and use the Website and various features on or in relation to the Website provided by AB.
We may obtain information about Your name, email address, date of birth, age, device, device id, contact details, gender, location, pin code, area code, occupation, employment and education status provided by You, either on the Website and/or which may be available to AB or other Users as a result of You publishing User Material on the Website and/or which may be available to AB if You access the Website through any linked social media platforms.
We may also obtain information about You, from any e-mails, letters, responses, feedback, communication, etc. that You send to Us.
We may obtain information about Your IP address, operating system, browser type, browser version, browser configuration, name of internet service provider, and other types of computer and connection related information relevant to identifying Your type of device, geographic location, usage history, etc.
We may also obtain information about how the Website is used by You. Such information may include without limitation:
- User Material that You publicly post or share on the Website;
- login information (date and time of login, number of logins, etc.);
- destinations / pages visited within the Website;
- advertisements viewed and measurement of advertisement effectiveness;
- content viewed;
- content shared;
- User preferences (eg. product/service preferences, language, preferred social media, searched terms/items, etc.);
- Third-Party Websites visited while on the Website;
- service requests; etc.
We may also obtain information collected by cookies or similar technologies (as described below), through promotions held by AB, newsletter subscriptions, enrollment for promotions, campaigns, special offers, surveys, feedback, analytics, research, information posted in social communities, etc. or otherwise shared on the Website.
We may also obtain information collected as a result of You hosting, displaying, uploading, modifying, publishing, transmitting, updating and/or sharing User Materials on the Website.
- any other information that You may otherwise choose to provide us.
- We may combine Your personal information with information collected from Tracking Technologies (as defined below), and aggregate it with information collected from other Users using the Website, to attempt to provide You with services and a better experience on the Website. You understand, agree and acknowledge that Our collection, storage and processing of Your personal information is for a lawful purpose connected with the functioning of the Website. You hereby consent to the collection, storage, use, disclosure, transfer, processing of the personal information for the purposes set out herein.
- WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN THE CIRCUMSTANCES SET OUT BELOW AND YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO THE SAME BEING SHARED WITH:
- any third-party service provider to whom disclosure is necessary to enable Us to provide You with the services which You wish to access on or through the Website;
- any third-party service provider to whom disclosure is necessary to enable Us to provide You with any gratification as a result of You participating in any promotional or marketing activity organized by AB;
- any person/entity to whom disclosure is necessary in accordance with applicable law;
- any government or statutory authority or court of law or judicial forum to whom disclosure is necessary in accordance with applicable law;
- in circumstances We believe necessary or appropriate to respond to a valid claim and legal process, to protect the property and rights of AB, to protect the safety of the public or any person or User, or to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity;
- any person/entity to whom disclosure is necessary to enable Us to enforce Our rights;
- to Our group companies, joint ventures, business partners, agents, representatives or third parties for the purposes of the services or for any other marketing and promotional activity;
- any entity that legally acquires AB or its Website.
- In relation to your personal information that you have shared with AB or its Website or that we have collected about you, you retain the following rights:
- In the event you feel that any personal information that may have been stored incorrectly by us, you can ask to update and/or correct such information;
You can make a request to be informed about the following:
- The purposes for which your personal information is being used;
- The details of recipients with whom the personal information has been shared;
- The duration for which the personal information would be stored by AB;
- If the personal information was obtained from a third-party source, then the details of such third-party source; and
- If AB undertakes any automated decision-making which produce legal effects by using the personal information, then confirmation and details regarding the same.
- If at any given point of time, you intend to withdraw your permission to AB and/or its affiliates to process your personal information, you can instruct us to delete such data that is collected and stored by AB; and
You can object to the data processing that AB and/or its affiliates would carry out.
In relation to exercising any of the above-mentioned rights, you must make such request to the firstname.lastname@example.org in writing. The Grievance Officer shall endeavor to respond to you with your concern within one month from the receipt of the concern. We endeavor to compliance with our legal obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that third parties who provide services in terms of this Clause 2.3, are under an obligation to maintain confidentiality with respect to the personal information and to use it for the purposes of the services only.
We understand the importance of data security and We want Your browsing experience with Us to be as safe as possible. We have implemented reasonable safeguards and precautions to protect Your personal information.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT, WHILE WE STRIVE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA AGAINST POTENTIAL RISKS AND EXPOSURES, THERE IS NO ABSOLUTE SECURITY IN THE ONLINE/ INTERNET SPHERE. THEREFORE, YOU MUST NOT DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE THAT IS SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA OR INFORMATION. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION OVER THE INTERNET IS NOT COMPLETELY SECURE AND THERE ARE VARIOUS RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH IT. ALTHOUGH WE STRIVE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF THE SAME WHILE IT IS BEING TRANSMITTED TO OUR WEBSITE AND ANY TRANSMISSION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
COOKIES & WEB BEACONS
BY DEFAULT, YOUR WEB BROWSER WILL ACCEPT COOKIES, HOWEVER THIS CAN BE ALTERED BY YOU. YOU HAVE THE OPTION OF ENABLING OR DISABLING COOKIES IN YOUR WEB BROWSER. IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO INSTALL COOKIES, YOU MAY CHANGE THE SETTINGS ON YOUR WEB BROWSER TO DISABLE COOKIES. HOWEVER PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU DISABLE COOKIES, YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO USE ALL OF THE FEATURES OF THE WEBSITE.
The Website and/or third parties may use "Cookies", "Web Beacons", and other similar tracking technologies (collectively,"Tracking Technologies"), to collect information automatically as You browse the Website and the internet. For the purposes of this clause, the following terms shall have the meaning ascribed below:
"Cookies" (which may be html files, flash files or other technology) are text files that help store user preferences, user activity, etc."Web Beacons" (also known as image tags, gif or web bugs) are small codes used to collect advertising data, such as counting page views, promotion views, advertising responses, etc.
We use Tracking Technologies to help tailor Our content, understand Website and internet usage, improve or customize the content, offerings or advertisements on this Website, personalize Your experience on this Website (for example, to recognize You by name when You return to the Website), save Your password in password-protected areas, save Your online user settings, allow users to move between associated websites without logging into each website, help Us offer You products or services that may be of interest to You, deliver relevant advertising, maintain and administer the Website, etc. These Tracking Technologies collect 'click stream' data and other additional information regarding Your visits to the Website, such as Your visits to the Website's web-pages, use of Our features, or preferences and We may also collect Your IP address or some other identifier unique to the device You use to access the Website ("Identifier"). Your Identifier is automatically assigned to the device You use to access the Website. By accessing and visiting the Website, whether as a registered user or otherwise, You acknowledge, understand and hereby agree that You are giving us Your consent to track Your activities and track Your use of the Website through these Tracking Technologies.
The Website may additionally use a variety of third party advertising networks, data exchanges, traffic measurement service providers, marketing analytics service providers and other third parties including Adtech, Google and others (collectively, "Third Party Advertising Service Providers") to, for example, serve advertisements on the Website, facilitate targeting of advertisements and/or measure and analyze advertising effectiveness and/or traffic on the Website ("Targeting Services"). These Third Party Advertising Service Providers may enable Us to display advertisements based on Your visits to the Website and other websites You have visited. Targeting Services enable Us to, among other things, help deliver advertisements or other content to You for services that You might be interested in, to conduct research regarding the usefulness of certain advertisements to You, etc.
The Third Party Advertising Service Providers, as well as advertisers, may themselves set and access their own Tracking Technologies on Your device if You choose to have Tracking Technologies enabled in Your browser (or, for flash cookies, if You have not removed them) and/or they may otherwise have access to information about You.
This Website may contain links to other third-party websites owned and operated by third-parties who are not related to AB ("Third-Party Website(s)"). You agree that Third-Party Websites are not under the control of AB. Any transactions that You enter into with a third-party listed in this Website or linked from this Website are solely between You and that third-party. AB shall not be responsible for: (a) the accuracy, relevance, legality, decency, and/or contents of such Third-Party Websites; and/or (b) the entities publishing such Third-Party Websites including their acts or omissions; and/or (c) any transaction (including monetary transaction) done by You therein; and/or (d) any fraud, loss, etc. that You may incur as a result of Your access and/or use thereof; and/or (e) breach of your privacy rights, personal rights or intellectual property rights.
The inclusion of any links, hyperlinks, etc. within the Website, does not constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation by AB of any third-party, of the quality of any product, service, advice, information or other materials displayed, purchased, or obtained by You.
If You do not consent to any part of the privacy terms herein or wish to withdraw consent to process Your information, then You must stop using the Website and ask Us to remove the Your information from Our records by writing to email@example.com However, if You so withdraw, We may not be able to provide services required by You.
You may also request access to or correct or update out of date or inaccurate information about yourself stored with Us by writing to Us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
You have full control regarding which emails You want to receive. If You decide at any time that You no longer wish to receive such emails from Us, please write to Us instructing an opt-out. Please note that once We receive Your request, it may take an additional period of time for Your opt-out to become effective.
You must ensure that any claim that you have regarding any information provided on the Website must be brought no later than one years after such claimant has become aware of such potential claim, which in no event shall be later than one years from the date of such alleged breach. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event shall AB and its group entities’ liability (individual and/or collective), to You for any and all losses, damages or claims (whether in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by You, if any, for use and access of the Website.